2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted, divided
1/4 cup orange juice
1-1/2 tsp. salt
10 NABISCO Ginger Snaps, finely crushed
1/2 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans, toasted
Here's How to toast nuts (3 ways):
1. Nuts may be toasted in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until they're golden brown.
2. To toast in the oven, spread nuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°, stirring occasionally, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. To toast in the microwave oven, place 1 cup of chopped nuts on a paper plate. Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they smell toasted. Rotate the plate a half turn after 2 minutes. They will not brown.
1. Warmed nuts are easier to chop.
2. Always taste nuts before using; rancid nuts will ruin whatever food they're used in.
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix potatoes, 3 Tbsp. of the melted butter, the orange juice and salt until well blended. Spoon into 2-quart casserole dish.
MIX remaining 3 Tbsp. melted butter, the gingersnap crumbs, pecans and sugar until well blended; sprinkle over potato mixture.
BAKE 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 45 mins.
Serving Size : 8